Saturday, April 07, 2007

morning glory

sean, gabriel: i came back in one piece! not a single dent.

anyway, managed to exhaust the ghost route. which is the farthest i've ever gone. as in, really, really farthest in my whole life. that is really crazy. and the best part is that i'm greeted back to my room by corrinne's song if i kissed you, which is (was, is, probably will always be) my favourite song. that just made my day; made my early morning if you like.

today's adjective: invigorated. (: plus, i've earned myself two-day break. till monday then.

when i saw my play count for if i kissed you, i suddenly wonder which songs were at the top of my play count. so i re-arranged my song list accordingly. it's quite surprising. let's see:

  1. Roll To Me - Del Amitri (5583 times)

  2. If I Kissed You - Corrinne May (4647 times)

  3. Little Superhero Girl - Corrinne May (3065 times)

  4. I've Got A Feeling - Ivy (2928 times)

  5. Angel In Disguise - Corrinne May

  6. Save Me - Corrinne May

  7. The Science of Selling Yourself Short - Less Than Jake (1804 times)

  8. There She Goes - The La's (1799 times)

  9. Everything You Want - Vertical Horizon (1662 times)

  10. Seasons Of Love - Original Broadway Cast of RENT (1623 times)

  11. Life Support - Original Broadway Cast of RENT (1539 times)

  12. Where Are You Going? - Dave Matthews Band (1519 times)

  13. Your Body Is A Wonderland - John Mayer (1441 times)

  14. Nothing Left To Lose - American Hi-Fi (1395 times)

  15. Mad Season - Matchbox Twenty (1302 times)

  16. That's Just What You Are - Aimee Mann (1284 times)

  17. There She Goes - Sixpence None the Richer (1270 times)

  18. Ren Sheng Hai Hai - Wu Yue Tian/Mayday (1219 times)

  19. Love Song For A Saviour - Jars of Clay (1207 times)

  20. Give It All Up - The Corrs (1186 times)

  21. Suddenly I See - KT Tunstall (1182 times)

  22. Stranded - Plumb (1120 times)


really. the top few made a lot of sense. most are really my favourite songs at one time or another. most still is and probably will always be. the first dubious entry comes at number 7 (the science of selling yourself short). it's nice all right. but not exactly a great favourite. yet it snatched quite a high placing.

seasons of love placing is slightly wrong. because this is actually just one version (the shorter version) of the song. the other song was played 164 times. but then, it's unfair since this version (the one in the list) of the song is only 1:09.

life support is really nice, but the placing is totally dubious because it's only 0:56. lol.

john mayer song isn't exactly a favourite. it is to a certain extent, but it surprised me that it's ranked pretty high. give it all up isn't my most favourite the corrs song. yet it is the only one that make it to the top. yeah, i really love the corrs. probably second only to corrinne may. kt tunstall is relatively new, so i was quite surprised that it actually makes it there.

ren sheng hai hai takes the dubious honour of being the only chinese song at the top. haha! it is my favourite chinese song though.

just in case you are wondering why there are 22 songs (instead of 20 or 25 or any other nice numbers), that's because these 22 songs are the only 22 that was played more than 1000 times. (:

as a parting note, the song that made my day. the song is totally wonderful, especially the verses. ahhh. so romantic! some people say i'm not a typical guy. it seems that some people think that i have girl elements in me. heh heh. anyway, i've posted this lyrics before. in the previous posting, i've highlighted parts of the song that i really liked. i'm not going to do again though. too lazy and too tired. going to bathe and sleep already.

If I Kissed You
Corrinne May

If I kissed you
Would fireworks fly
Would angels sing with lollipops
Would dinosaurs cry
Would babies all gurgle in laughter and surprise
If I kissed you

If I kissed you
What would Michelangelo say
Would he still have sculpted David
Would we be immortalized in clay
Would the poets write of love like ours
Would John Donne have his say
If I kissed you

You could be one in a million
You could be the one for me
But I guess I'll never know if I never try
I guess I'll just have to grab you in my arms
And kiss you

If I kissed you
Would you lose track of time
Would you feel a surge of happiness
Running up your spine
Would you run naked in the street
With a tattoo of my name on your behind
If I kissed you
Oh, if I kissed you
Yeah, if I kissed you

1 Comments:

At 12:54 am, Blogger viv said...

ooh you like corrinne may too! haha i like this song too, and i also like safe in a crazy world and angel in disguise haha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



write to me?